Two masonic lodges partnered together holding a cook-out fundraiser for a 2-year-old Cache boy who was bitten by a dog last month.
Blaine Neugebauer was flown by helicopter to OU Children’s Hospital where he received over fifty stitches on his cheek, after he was bitten by the Pit bull. Saturday, the Cache Masonic Lodge 391 and Apache Masonic Lodge 226 served up hamburgers and hot dogs to raise money at Maloy Park near downtown Cache.
Blaine did not let the bite get him down he is still an extremely energetic little boy, who loves cars and playing outside. As his Great-Grandmother Sandra Luna watches him play she remembers getting the call, after he was bitten by the dog.
“I was just in shock. I couldn’t believe it. You know just couldn’t believe it,” she said.
Luna says she is thankful he is alive, because she knows there could have been a different outcome.
“It could have been so much worse and as young as he is you know if we can get him the proper surgeries and everything. I don’t think it will hurt him so much when he gets older,” she said.